Here at Splendour HQ we spend a lot of time thinking about how we can make your festival experience the best it can be. We plan all year-round to put on an event that will help you to create special memories with your friends and families, and see some amazing artists in the process!
In order to do this, Splendour and DHP Family’s other divisions (hereafter referred to as ‘Splendour’, ‘we, ‘our’ or ‘us) keep certain information on you.
Just in case you’re not aware, DHP Family’s divisions are:
- alt.tickets (our friendly ticketing platform)
- DHP Family (Live Concert Promoter)
- Rock City, Rescue Rooms, Stealth and The Bodega (our stellar music venues in Nottingham)
- Dot To Dot Festival, Mirrors, Everywhere and Beat The Streets (our other excellent music festivals)
- Oslo Hackney, The Borderline, The Garage and Thousand Island (our music venues in London)
- Thekla (our music venue in Bristol, which also doubles up as a boat – you should go, it’s pretty cool!)
- Women In Music (our event to address the gender imbalance within the music industry)
How we collect your information:
- When you buy a ticket to Splendour Festival
- If you sign up to the official Splendour Festival mailing list on our website or via social media
- If you respond to a promotion or enter a competition
- If you use our website
- If you contact us directly via email or on the telephone
What we collect and why:
- Your first and last name – Splendour is all about community, and knowing your name helps us to create a more personalised experience for you. It’s nice to be on a first name basis, don’t you think?
- Your address – People travel from all over to attend Splendour, so knowing where you live helps us to target our marketing to the correct places and make sure you hear about Splendour wherever you are.
- Your email address – This is for all the exciting stuff! If you’re opted in to our mailing list we’ll send you all the updates on Splendour before anyone else. From line-up additions, to exclusive competitions and giveaways, to FAQS and all the info you need to have the perfect day out.
- Your birthday and age – Splendour is truly a family affair and we welcome babies and OAP rockers alike. Knowing your D.O.B helps us to plan our event and make sure we have fun festivities that cater for everyone who’s coming along. By signing up to our mailing you’re confirming that you’re over 14 years of age. If this isn’t the case, please email email@example.com to have your data removed.
- Your IP Address and the type of device you use – like most companies we have Cookies installed on our website so that we can track visitors, unfortunately these are not the tasty treat kind, but a small piece of code inserted into the site’s HTML. We use our Cookies to target online ads about the festival to people who have visited our website. Check out our Cookies policy for more info on this. We can also tell what type of device you use to access our website, which helps us provide the best customer experience for you.
- Musical Interests – We know you love music as much as we do, so it’s great to know what things you’re into – this informs us when booking artists and also helps us to send you emails which will be the most relevant to you. We’re sure that once you’ve attended Splendour you’ll be a fan for life, but we do know people’s situations change all the time, so we’ll only ever keep your information for 8 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be booking a ticket, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email. You can remove Cookies from your device at any time, just have a read of our Cookies policy to learn more.
You have loads of rights when it comes to your data, we’ve pulled them all together for you below…
- The right to request what personal information we have on file – if you want to request this from us, you can get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org – please note that it can take us a little while to pull all of this together for you, but we’ll make sure we send it over no later than a month after you ask.
- The right to make sure your information is correct and up to date – if you want to update any of your information, including your marketing preferences, you can email us and we’ll update this within a month.
- The right to ask us to move your data to another company in a safe and secure way
- The right to unsubscribe. This is easy peasy and can be done immediately at the bottom of any of our emails. If you’d like to break up with us the old-fashioned way you can send us an email or write us a letter, please note this could take up to a month from receipt of the email or letter.
- The right to Erasure. No, not the 1980s synthpop duo. This means that if you decide you no longer want to hear from us again and would like us to delete all of your data, then we can do so. Just get in touch with us to let us know and please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us. Before you do this, we’d like to make one last attempt to keep you on board: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikJony6h_
*Please note, that when required to do so by law, we may also have to share your information with government agencies or other bodies*
The Wallis Building, Plumptre Place
Nottingham, NG1 1LW
2nd Floor, 16a Crane Grove
London, N7 8NN